Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Goodbye Christmas

Taking down my tree today; once Dan gets home it'll come down all the way, which is exciting to me. I don't mind the christmas stuff but i want my living room back the way it's supposed to be. Plus it'll give me better access to my gerbils. :)

I took a break on knitting my tom baker scarf so i could make dishclothes because i really have a serious need for them; i'm tired of buying sponges that i mutilate in a week. And making them gives me something to do and a sense of completion because they get done so much faster, lol.

On a totally unrelated note: I've decided to give up (mostly) processed foods. I want to start cooking more and making healthier food for Dan and I. Not that we eat out a lot, or even eat a lot of processed food to begin with (it's expensive. Seriously, that box of toaster strudels? it's not worth the money. Eat cardboard. it has the same nutritional value. ok i feel better.) But i'm going to start incorporating more fruits and veggies into our diet, and less bread products. I'm hoping cutting back on wheat will help us both in the long run; neither of us has a wheat allergy but still...Potatoes and rice are just as tasty. and better for us.

I also totally avoid 'sugar substitutes' like aspertame, etc. Even splenda. Mostly because i think splenda is nasty tasting. But the others i avoid because they make me feel really yucky. ALL THE TIME. So i don't eat them anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment